Managing Planned Change - Motivation Theory
1. Some organizations treat all change as an accidental occurrence, however, change as an
intentional, goal-oriented activity is planned change.
2. There are two goals of planned change:
• Improve the ability of the organization to adapt to changes in its environment.
• Change employee behavior.
3. For major change efforts, top managers are increasingly turning to temporary outside
consultants with specialized knowledge in the theory and methods of change.